Monday, April 9, 2012

The secret is out!


Sooo for some reason that I am still not sure of, I have been hiding my new life. I have returned to school and closed the studio. Some of you might have noticed that there is now a small boutique, Spoiled Rotten inside. Niki Taylor, Steaven's cousin has lots of gifts and pretties to see, you should go visit her! :)

After my mission trip last year to Guatemala, my desire to work with the children of Guatemala has morphed into a seemingly massive life change. I wanted to find a way to do more for the kids of Guat and somehow make a greater difference than a photographer can, both here and in Guatemala. So, I decided to become a Bilingual Teacher. I can work in a bilingual classroom here in the states and work as a teacher or translator for the medical missions that I love so dearly in Guatemala. However, there are about three years of school ahead of me. I am excited though, and feel like the time will pass before I know it. Wish me luck!

And because no post is complete without a picture, hereI am in Sarstun, Guatemala atop a mountain surrounded with the babies I love so much. Please excuse my blink, I love the pic anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Your amazingly insperational and I can not wait to see what fabulous things you do with this new chapter of life <3 {{{{{{big fat hugs}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to leave a field where I had such great "competition" as yourself. Thanks for being awesome Heather! And thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete