Sunday, March 24, 2013

Close to Heaven



A rare thing these days is to have our whole family together in one place, especially Detroit, Texas. Our favorite Airman finally came home for a couple of weeks. When Aunt Shirley walked in our front door and saw our motley crew all together she paused and said "that's about as close to heaven as you can get, having all of your family under one roof". She was right.


So without hesitation, we scheduled family pictures. I'm sure that our kids gag every time they hear me say that, because I take full advantage at every opportunity. It's kind of my thing. ;)
But I guess it didn't really hit me, the impact of our ever changing lives, until I watched my husband stand at the front door watching his "baby" get in his car and drive away. We will see him once more before his leave is up, but it's the idea that he can do just that... get in his car and drive away. Doesn't seem right. So my reaction was "I can't imagine what I'll do when Olivia does me that way". And Steaven simply said "just what I did". Gulp.




It's true. My girl is getting so big, so fast. I just want to put a brick on her head. Why can't that really work?

-Mel

2 comments: